So, according to Blender, The Ultimate Guide to Music and More, here are the 50 worst songs ever. You know I'm gonna have something to say about this.
50. Celine Dion - "My Heart Will Go On" 1998
I will admit, at the time this song was released I thought it was wonderful. I only saw the movie in the theater 5 times. But in retrospect, it's a pretty bad song. Don't get me wrong - it's a very sweet and romantic song, but after having heard it about a MILLION times, it kinda gets on your nerves. So I'm okay with this one being on the list.
49. Right Said Fred - "I'm Too Sexy" 1992
Who doesn't like this song? Even if it is cheesy, everyone knows all the words. It's a fun song. It's one of those that you just can't turn off. Undeserving of slot number 49.
48. The Beatles - "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" 1968
Don't even get me started. Seriously.
47. Bryan Adams - "The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You" 1996
Now, I'm a pretty big Bryan Adams fan, but not so much a fan of this song. He has done so much better. So I'm okay with it.
46. New Kids On The Block - "Hangin' Tough" 1989
I can see why the average joe would add NKOTB to this list, but I'll admit that this song is on almost every playlist I have ever made. Maybe it's because the song has special meaning to me (Oklahoma Christian's Freshman Fanfare). And yes, I do know all the dance moves.
45. Ja Rule Feat. Ashanti - "Mesmerize" 2002
Don't know this song but it probably deserves to be on the list.
44. Meat Loaf - "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" 1993
Yeah. I kinda agree. The Dr. Pepper commercial is great though.
43. Uncle Kracker - "Follow Me" 2000
I like this one, but only because I sing Chi Lambda Phi's yodelers version. Oh how Spring Sing changes your life forever.
42. Simon and Garfunkel - "The Sounds of Silence" 1965
What the heck?! This is one of the greatest songs ever. Boo to those who think otherwise.
41. Billy Joel - "We Didn't Start the Fire" 1989
I totally disagree! This song is SO fun. And SO fun to sing! Though you feel like you have just run a mile afterward cause you're out of breath. I had to learn all the words so I could sing right along with Billy at the concert. And it's a LOT of words.
40. Color Me Badd - "I Wanna Sex You Up" 1991
Yeah. And aren't they from Oklahoma? Great.
39. Ricky Martin - "She Bangs" 2000
38. Rednex - "Cotton Eye Joe" 1995
I DISAGREE. Not with the fact that it's a bad song, but with the fact that it's number 38 on the list. It's probably the number ONE worst song of all time.
37. Gerardo - "Rico Suave" 1991
I had to look this one up and listen to it. And it's true, it's a bad song.
36. Master P. Feat. Silkk, Fiend, Mia-X and Mystikal - "Make Em Say Uhh!" 1998
I'm not even going to give this song the compliment of looking it up.
35. R.E.M. - "Shiny Happy People" 1991
I love this song! It's so catchy. Boo.
34. Dan Fogelberg - "Longer" 1979
Now this is a sweet song. Maybe not the best, but still good. I'm partial to it cause my dad loves Dan Fogelberg. BUT, if you don't like it, I won't be offended.
33. Aqua - "Barbie Girl" 1997
Ok, I take back what I said about "Cotton Eye Joe". THIS IS THE WORST SONG OF ALL TIME. "Cotton Eye Joe" is a CLASSIC compared to this song.
32. Will Smith - "Will 2K" 1999
Yeah. I'm more of an acting Will Smith fan than a singing Will Smith fan.
31. Crash Test Dummies - "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" 1994
I LOVE this song. 1, it reminds me of yet another Oklahoma Christian happening. It was one of the hits by the "Little Posse". [Singing] Once there was this girl who, wasn't quite as tall as all the other girls around her, so she started a club, where, she, could roll up her jeans and fit in. She talked to some of her friends and they became the Little Posse. Mmm mmm mmm mmm, mmm mmm mmm mmm. 2, it reminds me of Dumb and Dumber.
30. Whitney Houston - "Greatest Love of All" 1986
Does the fact that I don't really like this song make me a bad person??
29. Deep Blue Something - "Breakfast at Tiffany's" 1995
Okay, this song should NOT be on the list. I love this song! My friend Jenny introduced me to an a capella version of it. You should REALLY try to get your hands on it. It will make you laugh.
28. John Mayer - "Your Body is a Wonderland" 2001
I do like John Mayer, but I don't like this song. Don't know if it's one of the 50 worst, but still. Bubble gum tongue? Gross!
27. Europe - "The Final Countdown" 1987
Yeah. It's not so good.
26. The Doors - "The End" 1967
Now, anyone who knows me knows that I love The Doors. BUT, this song creeps me out. It's one of those songs I can't listen to by myself. Or in the dark. And especially not by myself in the dark.
25. Puff Daddy Feat. Faith Evans and 112 - "I'll Be Missing You" 1997
I actually don't hate this song. So I'm gonna have to disagree. Shocking, I know.
24. Five For Fighting - "Superman" 2000
Seriously? People think this song is worse than "Barbie Girl"?
23. Corey Hart - "Sunglasses at Night" 1984
I LOVE this song. Don't deny yourself, you do too. And you sing it to yourself (or out loud if you're me) whenever you see someone wearing sunglasses at night.
22. Toby Keith - "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" 2002
I CAN'T STAND Toby Keith. Every time I hear his name or his voice I turn and run. So yes.
21. Spin Doctors - "Two Princes" 1992
This is one of the classic songs of the 90's! Even if you don't like it, it's a good song. It just is.
20. Lionel Richie - "Dancing on the Ceiling" 1986
Not a terrible song, but Lionel has done MUCH better.
19. Mr. Mister - "Broken Wings" 1985
Just his name makes him cool. And if it's cool now, just think how cool it would have been in 1985.
18. Chicago - "You're the Inspiration" 1984
What?! No no.
17. Hammer - "Pumps and a Bump" 1994
Who? What song?
16. 4 Non Blondes - "What's Up?" 1993
Now this song is not that bad. It's one of those songs that after you hear it, you have to wait like a year before you listen to it again. And you absolutely HAVE to shout the chorus. It's a good song about once a year.
15. The Rembrandts - "I'll Be There For You" 1995
I have to kinda agree. It's good on Friends but not on the radio.
14. Bette Midler - "From a Distance" 1990
Ahh, Bette Midler. I think one of my neighbors and I made up a dance to this song in the driveway. It's good if you like Bette Midler.
13. Genesis - "Illegal Alien" 1983
Don't know this song. I do enjoy Genesis, though. Phil Collins is just awesome. The writers of this countdown probably don't even know that Phil Collins was the lead singer for Genesis.
12. The Beach Boys - "Kokomo" 1988
Really? Do people really not like this song? What is up with the universe???
11. Clay Aiken - "Invisible" 2003
Never heard it. Don't want to. It's pretty bad when you've only been around for a few years and you're ALREADY on the top 50 worst songs list.
10. Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder - "Ebony and Ivory" 1982
Awwww. That just makes me sad. No, wait. It makes me MAD.
9. Madonna - "American Life" 2003
I'm not on board with the recent Madonna. She's weird. Not that the "older" Madonna isn't weird too, but at least she had some good music back then.
8. Eddie Murphy - "Party All the Time" 1985
7. Bobby McFerrin - "Don't Worry Be Happy" 1988
I'm not a big fan of this song, but the number 7 worst song of all time? Nah.
6. Huey Lewis and The News - "The Heart of Rock & Roll" 1984
Not my favorite Huey Lewis song, but it's definitely better than "Barbie Girl".
5. Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" 1990
Oh come on! People may say it's a horrible but EVERYONE knows at least the first verse of this song. And if they don't know it, they want to know it.
4. Limp Bizkit - "Rollin'" 2000
Yes! I agree.
3. Wang Chung - "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" 1986
A classic '80s! Not deserving of slot number 3.
2. Billy Ray Cyrus - "Achy Breaky Heart" 1992
Yes, this one is bad. But when it was first released, everyone loved it.
1. Starship - "We Built This City" 1985
This is the part where I want to seek out the writers of this countdown and punch them in the face. "We Built This City" worse than "Barbie Girl"?
I have so much to teach the world..